We saw a thread on Twitter discussing this topic and thought we would share some of these tips for you all.
- Thank your interviwer for their time and for the opportunity. ‘First of all, thank you for your time today and for giving me the opportunity to interview for this position’
- Express your enthusiasm and excitement. ‘I really want this role and I am excited about this opportunity’
- You must draw similarities between your skills and the job description. ‘When I read the job description, I was really happy to see that it perfectly aligns with my experience and skills for example…’
- Show that you know what you want. ‘My ideal work environment is…….I like to work in teams that are…..’
- Show that you know your worth and value. ‘I have a track record of connecting well with clients and building strong relationships as well as networking’
- Show that you take initiative. ‘I’ve been following you on social media and I noticed…..’
- Show that you are keen and ready to hit the ground running. ‘I have already thought about a plan of what I can begin working on if I am successful in getting this role’
- Employers want candidates that are not a flight risk. ‘I would like to build a career in……and see myself here long term’
- Always ask questions at the end of the interview. ‘I have a few questions for you on the role and the firm…’
- Thank them again for making the time. I really enjoyed speaking with you, thank you again for your time’.
Good luck with your interviews!